A heart broken child
I took a deep breath and said
Careline i have something to say.
I love you so much and stay strong.
your daddy will miss you
he is sorry he couldn't say goodbye
or give you that last kiss or that last hug.
he loves you so much.
You're daddy is in jail.
I am sorry my princess
but don't you worry
he is fine.
Her look was heartbroken.
She asked me why.
I looked blankly at her and said
I dont know why.
She started to cry and said not again.
I love him so much why him again.
He is not bad, he is not mean,
he loves me a lot as everybody sees
She takes a deep breath and says
I'll be ok, I'm only 7 I can wait.
I love you daddy please come home soon
you will always be in my heart I promise you.
Zuleyma Garcia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A heart broken child by Zuleyma Garcia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- All about me Ma!, Damian Murphy
- Broken World, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Committee Meetings, Edgar Albert Guest
- Golf Luck, Edgar Albert Guest
- All The Love We Hide, Michael McParland
- The Simple Things, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Bride, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bread And Jam, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cut-Down Trousers, Edgar Albert Guest
- Lullaby, Edgar Albert Guest