A heart broken child
I took a deep breath and said
Careline i have something to say.
I love you so much and stay strong.
your daddy will miss you
he is sorry he couldn't say goodbye
or give you that last kiss or that last hug.
he loves you so much.
You're daddy is in jail.
I am sorry my princess
but don't you worry
he is fine.
Her look was heartbroken.
She asked me why.
I looked blankly at her and said
I dont know why.
She started to cry and said not again.
I love him so much why him again.
He is not bad, he is not mean,
he loves me a lot as everybody sees
She takes a deep breath and says
I'll be ok, I'm only 7 I can wait.
I love you daddy please come home soon
you will always be in my heart I promise you.
Zuleyma Garcia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A heart broken child by Zuleyma Garcia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Buddha, Natasa Tocuc
- Alankar(Decor) -195, Indira Renganathan
- Childless, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Quitting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hard Luck, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Boy's Tribute, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heroes, Edgar Albert Guest
- Loveness, Sir Hossein Sabbaghi
- आय' अनजालि आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Memorial Day, Edgar Albert Guest