A lady as sandhya
She had often exclaimed that I was like the night
A candle light cannot claim to explore whom,
A riddle, or perhaps a crossword without a guide.
She tried to fill me
sometimes the empty lanes across me
and sometimes those deserted downward directions.
She either tried to make a way
or find an escape.
She did not knew that
each mistake of her ink
was leaving a scar on my empty belonging.
The trembling of a night in pain
has a treaty with the crust of the earth
of that of secrecy...
She did not knew that the wounded
words were setting a pyre.
My love was instead looking for life
in little spaces like her finger tips
and the sunset on her forehead.
Slowly I began to love this web of her
roaming vocabulary, definition-less.
From whom the moon borrows the beauty of sadness.
A lady who spoke so soft
and smelled like an evening flower of my village.
Aman Saa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lady as sandhya by Aman Saa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dog And The Cat, Chris Ekong
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Find Love All Around, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Full stop, Kim StevensFoster