Linda Marie Van Tassell
A Little Angel
Far away on a billow
an angel lays down his head
upon a cloud-tufted pillow
with a sky-line for his bed.
A shroud of star-glow around him
and the moonlight's impending ray.
Misty evening light grows dim
as dusk overtakes the day.
Sweet love enclosed in his breast
with never a thought of sorrow.
The little angel takes his rest.
Sweet dreams to hail tomorrow.
Petite roses in his cheeks,
a crimson blush upon his lips;
and though his heart never speaks,
it is shown in morn's eclipse.
I love my little angel, mine.
He is such a beautiful sight
drifting on high beyond the brine,
free of the bounds of night.
Little angel with dove-white wings
sends a tender kiss to me.
A choir of heaven's angels sings -
a song that sets me free.
I cannot see his gold-lit curls -
his pathway of love and light
sending love to all little girls
that have wept within the night.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Angel by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nothing to my sleep!, Gedion Onyango
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway