A Loner By Profession
He says he is a loner by profession:
He says he is not a garrulous kind.
He says he needs to be alone
Most of the time.
He is not the family kind.
Ah, he is not even kind!
When he says he is a loner by profession
Tears almost make me blind.
Then he goes and comes
As if he has to follow the tides;
Some bitter rhymes come to me
About naive, young, pretty brides.
Thus it is and it will always be.
Another fable, an unfinished story
To remember when the rain
Slashes the panes, the pain.
Copyright: Rani Turton
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Loner By Profession by Rani Turton )
- No ordinary, hasmukh amathalal
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra