A Love To Last
We stole each others heart away,
With hope, with dreams and care;
E'er knowing love would pave the way
For blissful times we'd share.
So oft we trod those peaceful hills,
When love was sweet and new;
Twas there that passion lit the spark
From whence our family grew.
Then death made claim, that fated day,
Amidst the tears we cried
And now, my dear, I see so clear,
Our love has never died.
To soon, in time I'll follow you
Across that great divide;
Together now, forevermore,
Together, side by side.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Love To Last by Joseph Anderson )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow