A Love To Last
We stole each others heart away,
With hope, with dreams and care;
E'er knowing love would pave the way
For blissful times we'd share.
So oft we trod those peaceful hills,
When love was sweet and new;
Twas there that passion lit the spark
From whence our family grew.
Then death made claim, that fated day,
Amidst the tears we cried
And now, my dear, I see so clear,
Our love has never died.
To soon, in time I'll follow you
Across that great divide;
Together now, forevermore,
Together, side by side.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Love To Last by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris
- Beyond The Desert, Tracee Olga
- Tumbleweed, Robert Kane
- The Motorcyclists, James Tate
- The Definition of Gardening, James Tate
- Escape, Sadiqullah Khan
- Dial the Number Zero, Pintu Mahakul