Ramesh T A
A MONEY ADDICTION!
With increasing needs thoughts of money have increased
And man is left in the world to live only for money forever!
It is not possible to drink, eat and live without money here;
Money thirst for everything has made man addict of money!
Taxation, price rise and mismanagement tighten one’s belt
National financial crisis coupled with world economic woes
Due to international crude oil price hike add fuel to fire ever!
Protectionism and subsidies of advanced nations strike world.
Wars and terrorist activities worsened all to face world recession;
Gold price hike and oil price hike have created turmoil unbearable!
For want of funds everyone indulges in short cut routes to riches;
There is no chance of recovery from addiction to money anymore!
Lottery, gambling, horse race and lotto many people go for
To earn fast buck so as to satisfy money hunger some how!
Betting on boxing, wrestling, cricket, general elections go on
And indirectly many accrue black money to meet their needs!
All black monies big shots deposit in Swiss bank to use abroad
By way of making exports using under invoices for many goods!
All due to bad policies of govts. and corrupt practices everywhere
Dark acts perpetrate black economy propelled by this addiction!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A MONEY ADDICTION! by Ramesh T A )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones