Ramesh T A
A MONEY ADDICTION!
With increasing needs thoughts of money have increased
And man is left in the world to live only for money forever!
It is not possible to drink, eat and live without money here;
Money thirst for everything has made man addict of money!
Taxation, price rise and mismanagement tighten one’s belt
National financial crisis coupled with world economic woes
Due to international crude oil price hike add fuel to fire ever!
Protectionism and subsidies of advanced nations strike world.
Wars and terrorist activities worsened all to face world recession;
Gold price hike and oil price hike have created turmoil unbearable!
For want of funds everyone indulges in short cut routes to riches;
There is no chance of recovery from addiction to money anymore!
Lottery, gambling, horse race and lotto many people go for
To earn fast buck so as to satisfy money hunger some how!
Betting on boxing, wrestling, cricket, general elections go on
And indirectly many accrue black money to meet their needs!
All black monies big shots deposit in Swiss bank to use abroad
By way of making exports using under invoices for many goods!
All due to bad policies of govts. and corrupt practices everywhere
Dark acts perpetrate black economy propelled by this addiction!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A MONEY ADDICTION! by Ramesh T A )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver