DEEP DARK SOUL POET
A Night Of Peaceful Sleep
As the dark cold night time air fills my sky
So do the screams in my mind want to fly.
Take my broken heart and do what you will
As there is no more blood left for me to spill.
Trampled upon are my broken pieces so rife
With the pains of my down trodden life.
Take from me the deep seated pain
And give me that cold numbness again.
Dont let me feel this great empty ache
That spreads so far and keeps me awake
Bring to me a night of peaceful sleep
Let my mind escape from this hole so deep.
I will trudge through the murk and mire
Searching for my true hearts desire
Something that eludes me no matter what
For it seems to me that thats all I've got.
DEEP DARK SOUL POET's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Night Of Peaceful Sleep by DEEP DARK SOUL POET )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- I Met Him, Edward Kofi Louis
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable