DEEP DARK SOUL POET
All alone with my thoughts...
All alone with my thoughts, as they haunt me so,
Eyes are like rivers that hasten to flow.
Images circle me, and begin to glow,
Why must my thoughts taunt me so?
Alone with my thoughts; the good and the bad,
What I have now, and the little I had.
People around me, glassy-eyed and sad,
Armless hugs from a distant Dad.
Alone with my thoughts; the future and past,
Sailing along with the flags half-mast.
Memories attacking me, far too many for too fast
They seek me out - and come at last!
Alone with my thoughts; so dark and dry.
But hopes here with me, lighting the sky.
The gates collapse and soft eyes cry,
A heart wishing to be free to tumble and fly.
All alone with my thoughts, again once more.
As my heart and hopes begin to soar.
Tomorrow is only through night's black door,
A feeling so strong, like never before.
DEEP DARK SOUL POET's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All alone with my thoughts... by DEEP DARK SOUL POET )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Pride and Honor, hasmukh amathalal