DEEP DARK SOUL POET
All alone with my thoughts...
All alone with my thoughts, as they haunt me so,
Eyes are like rivers that hasten to flow.
Images circle me, and begin to glow,
Why must my thoughts taunt me so?
Alone with my thoughts; the good and the bad,
What I have now, and the little I had.
People around me, glassy-eyed and sad,
Armless hugs from a distant Dad.
Alone with my thoughts; the future and past,
Sailing along with the flags half-mast.
Memories attacking me, far too many for too fast
They seek me out - and come at last!
Alone with my thoughts; so dark and dry.
But hopes here with me, lighting the sky.
The gates collapse and soft eyes cry,
A heart wishing to be free to tumble and fly.
All alone with my thoughts, again once more.
As my heart and hopes begin to soar.
Tomorrow is only through night's black door,
A feeling so strong, like never before.
DEEP DARK SOUL POET's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All alone with my thoughts... by DEEP DARK SOUL POET )
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
- Genetic Predisposition And Violence, Is It Poetry
- Reading a Book, swapna bhattacharya
- Sparky, Rena Thompson
- Self-Portrait, swapna bhattacharya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)