Lindemberg Pereira da Silva
When the lights turn off,
My eyes softly close,
And a nightmare terrifies me.
It brings all my fears,
And sometimes even with tears
I see the night to last.
The darkness inside my mind,
And my eyes look like to be blind,
Trying to find out some light.
Horribles creatures, the death
Wars, my city in fires...
Everything that I don't want to desire.
When the day is rising,
I can hear the birds singing,
And also the first lights of the morning
Coming straightly from the sun.
So I realize it was a nightmare,
Then my fears go away,
And my mind is filled with the hapiness.
But if the reality looks like
a little bit,
It was just a nightmare
Or is that a real thing?
Lindemberg Pereira da Silva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Nightmare by Lindemberg Pereira da Silva )
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)