She looked for the key,
Yes even then more so selfishly.
The key to life,
That is all she wanted,
Just to easily end the moment's strife,
And leave her body unhaunted.
But it was not so,
For she found that out not too long ago.
So now she drifts and sometimes tries,
But deep down inside she detects her own lies.
She thinks of the future seldom,
For why think of somethin when it only leads to boredom?
Depression was never too far away as a kid
But even these days she looses her head.
She's always carried that pessimistic shadowy oppinion,
Which left things always looking rather dim.
Black tears stain her heart,
Yes even when she begs for a new start.
But even she knows she will not be granted a new start
Because of the role she plays,
The lonely one with the cast off heart,
Yess even she sees her inevidable delays.
Vathalia Mae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A pessimist by Vathalia Mae )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Quick About It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You delight my life, Amitie Abedi
- i need an aneurysm when i'm next to you, Mandolyn Davidson
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty