A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT
To be punished we need to feel ashamed
we are in a losing battle of Victim against Judge every day.
Now what if the Planetary Dream was changed?
What if we never had to be punished and made to feel ashamed?
Guilt and shame are not normal feelings we have
these two things are forced on us to make us feel bad.
Now over in India they have a philosophy
it helps teach children to freely express
to feel joyful, sad and happiness.
They are never heard the word 'NO'
they are treated like Kings and Queens
and nurtured as they grow.
Now what if we lived in a world with High Self Esteem?
It was the norm and nothing in between or very extreme?
We would then have a new Planetary Dream
where there is no punishment, no prisons, cops and
people dying from a killing machine.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 21,2012
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT by Suzanna Chevalier )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)