A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT
To be punished we need to feel ashamed
we are in a losing battle of Victim against Judge every day.
Now what if the Planetary Dream was changed?
What if we never had to be punished and made to feel ashamed?
Guilt and shame are not normal feelings we have
these two things are forced on us to make us feel bad.
Now over in India they have a philosophy
it helps teach children to freely express
to feel joyful, sad and happiness.
They are never heard the word 'NO'
they are treated like Kings and Queens
and nurtured as they grow.
Now what if we lived in a world with High Self Esteem?
It was the norm and nothing in between or very extreme?
We would then have a new Planetary Dream
where there is no punishment, no prisons, cops and
people dying from a killing machine.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 21,2012
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT by Suzanna Chevalier )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver