A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT
To be punished we need to feel ashamed
we are in a losing battle of Victim against Judge every day.
Now what if the Planetary Dream was changed?
What if we never had to be punished and made to feel ashamed?
Guilt and shame are not normal feelings we have
these two things are forced on us to make us feel bad.
Now over in India they have a philosophy
it helps teach children to freely express
to feel joyful, sad and happiness.
They are never heard the word 'NO'
they are treated like Kings and Queens
and nurtured as they grow.
Now what if we lived in a world with High Self Esteem?
It was the norm and nothing in between or very extreme?
We would then have a new Planetary Dream
where there is no punishment, no prisons, cops and
people dying from a killing machine.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on March 21,2012
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A PLANET WITHOUT PUNISHMENT by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck