A rare rose
A rose as rare as this is a beauty in garnet and flees
like a kiss,
a soft velvety embrace like no other can bring.
You are to me beyond any that can compare to a cool kiss.
But still my rose turned black, drained of life from passions that kill.
A heart like this aw how it bleeds for this.
Such beauty you bear
with rosy cheeks
and an ice cold stair
It burns for your touch
a sting from embers of your love
leaving me to a pile of ash.
My rose is nothing but blacked soot
crumbling at your very touch.
My lips burn of red as passions rise from such sins within.
I know now how love can tear apart at the heart strings
I know now how too love and feel the passions within.
Tell my cup is over felled with lust and doubt
these lips of mine
as rosy as time will permit
I blush to know your touch
your kiss warms me within.
Aw what a rare rose indeed this is.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A rare rose by Amanda Shelton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- There Is Nothing More Gratifying, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Azazels, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let me follow you, gajanan mishra
- what makes me blue?, DAVID werts
- Rewriting The Ruins, Kyle Schlicher
- A song lyric of a lover...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Fall, hujan pagi
- Beginning The Day, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Split Second, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal