A Rose's Generosity
A sack, full of rose
I see them to be for sale
Gives me a feeling
As if brought from a slaughter house.
I can see the sack
Being soiled with their tears.
The roses in form of bouquets -
Seem to be some decorated coffins.
Cleaned, polished and decorated
For their last rite to be performed.
After the felicitation or a party
They are no more so hearty,
Bouquet of smothered roses
Are found to be in the gutter or dustbin.
But the rose never cares these brutal atrocities
It spreads it's charm and flavor with generosity.
Standing in a distance I went on thinking -
The tiny rose what it does
I'm nowhere near to it.
From the garden up to the dustbin -
A rose's passage of journey.
Amative (27.04.2014) 10 -00 am
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Rose's Generosity by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Pappou Elias' Poem - No Rhyme, Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić
- Night Passes, Novica Tadić
- Conversation (1), Novica Tadić
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma
- INTRIGUING, Satish Verma
- Magdalene Poem, John Taggart
- White days, interruption ("One Flew.., John Taggart