A Royal Flush!
The ‘Assuies’ are levying a tax on water output, so called the ‘flushing tax’,
Some are not flushing as much do reduce their water bill,
Some are going “outside” in their outback, if you will,
In this world wide economic slow down you can’t be lax.
Some businesses are getting to point of developing ‘waterless toilets’,
The composting toilets are great for saving water and money,
They come in a variety of styles and you have much to gain,
With the average household flushing up to 35,000 litres of potable water down the drain each year,
Ecoflo waterless toilets will save you from flushing water and money down the drain.
This is about as good as it gets,
I hope that this will not lead banning of the term flushing,
Because where will the USTA US Open be played?
In Compost Meadows?
That doesn’t sound right.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Royal Flush! by Joe Rosochacki )
- Arid Sands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Escapades, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living In Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Place Of My Own, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Retracing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Unimpressed Poet, Hebert Logerie
- Poetical Life Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mere Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)