I’m crippled by the stars that glisten outside the night sky.
Burning me with their silver essence.
Quivering behind dark eyes,
Hiding from the temptation set in front of me,
I remain quiet and alone.
Time and time again-
Minutes and seconds mingle with the rhythm and tempo of an out of orbit earth.
I recoil from the moon and try to wrap myself in atmospheric blankets.
-Ruined not broken. [I am]
Oceans rage beneath my feet.
I’ve been standing on heavy waters for ages now.
Watching the slow death of my planet.
No longer able to stay,
I plead the winds to take me away...
And I am gone.
A single star tucked in my pocket.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fade Away by Brenda Arroyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar