I’m crippled by the stars that glisten outside the night sky.
Burning me with their silver essence.
Quivering behind dark eyes,
Hiding from the temptation set in front of me,
I remain quiet and alone.
Time and time again-
Minutes and seconds mingle with the rhythm and tempo of an out of orbit earth.
I recoil from the moon and try to wrap myself in atmospheric blankets.
-Ruined not broken. [I am]
Oceans rage beneath my feet.
I’ve been standing on heavy waters for ages now.
Watching the slow death of my planet.
No longer able to stay,
I plead the winds to take me away...
And I am gone.
A single star tucked in my pocket.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fade Away by Brenda Arroyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale