something to remember
Everything was soft that day...
Like the color of grace or
The scent of mercy.
The air, the sun, and the wind were all soft.
So soft, that summer’s heat melted into my hair as I tried not to be.
And as I roamed about all those empty faces,
I could not help but to not think at all...
For I was empty too.
As hours go by, emptiness only serves as a sole reminder to the soulless.
I remember how my bangs were out of my face but I rarely looked up,
And how my dress was cut above my knee but my steps were small...
And to all that I was and was not, my heart was terribly slow.
Memories are always carved by the heavier part of one's gut.
Then when I never would have thought to expect the unexpected,
I recognized your face.
Your eyes sunk into mine,
And I fell into the million years that I will never be apart of.
I felt it all in my stage of numbness...
I stared back into those heavy eyes and smiled while holding back tears.
Brenda Arroyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (something to remember by Brenda Arroyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere