A Simple Task
Just told you not to drop it,
o the merchant of Madrid!
My heart is made of glass,
it's fragile, care it did need.
Look, thousand scars it does have,
how could I repair?
It has broken in many parts,
its pain who can share!
Tattered and scattered
it has lost its pure charm,
still it can beat and pump,
without doing any harm.
A simple task, I wanna give,
if anyone can do.
Pick up the pieces and
join them, if your heart is true!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Simple Task by Neela Nath )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Music, Walter de la Mare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- The Wanderer, Victor Kretzie
- Couplets on Life For The Musing Cynicals.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- salvation army, lee fones
- Bulbous red, GRANT FRASER
- Coming future, Luv Artem
- One Christmas Eve From The North...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Cream Dream Catharsis, Joseph Archer
- Public convienences, GRANT FRASER
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer