Almedia Knight Oliver
A Special Occasion
While observing the gathering guest
and remembering eleven years past, when
She made her first debut on the world stage.
Wearing a soft juicy peach birth-day dress;
silk light brown threads capped her tiny head;
those little pink feet bicycling
as if readying to lead.
On this eve looking out on the mist
hovering the Hudson River, even daylight
couldn't clear the huddled clouds nor
the thick mist holding onto its place.
Everyone slowly crowded the hall
to await the second coming.
Heads turn toward a refreshed face
strolling down the aisle adorning
a pale blue gown
about her ankle.
A radiant beauty and
grace unparalling all...
grandma watches her
beautiful Junior Debutante
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Special Occasion by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)