A Sterling Man! ! !
Riveted are my mind's eyes
at the glitter of the stars
in the glistening lake of blue,
and wish to see in the skies
the Man whose double's hard to find
who is lost in deadly jaws
of cruel Nature's iron laws;
but in vain, you know because
the ones once gone never return...
though visit but in injured thoughts,
wishes bleak and weary dreams...
so does my gentle loving Father
whom i always yearn to see
whom i always love to talk
whom my eyes do ever seek
with the moon, amidst the stars
a sterling Man indeed he was! ! !
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
as it was conceived as ' Mi Estrella Brillante ', the title assigned by Soul...thanks! ! !
Comments about this poem (A Sterling Man! ! ! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- died in faith, kyvin nash