Hush! Grey haired love has come.
No need to drum.
Rush! It turns into a poem,
with much of wisdom.
Taste! It's not a lime.
Don't waste your time!
Sweep! The feelings are so deep,
they are in words, in dreams, in eyes…,
they are looking for a paradise.
Take! But…those feelings have no brakes,
they are not calm like lakes,
they are the highest waves of the ocean
with passion and devotion.
Well! Where is the bell to tell
that it's a swan-song
which everyone would like to prolong?
Larisa R (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Swan-Song by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- The Man who would not be King, John F. McCullagh
- What we love about the welsh valleys, David Boyce
- Humans and Daffodils, David Boyce
- We are going to Treherbert, David Boyce
- Beautiful valleys, David Boyce
- Dust Devils, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)