Hush! Grey haired love has come.
No need to drum.
Rush! It turns into a poem,
with much of wisdom.
Taste! It's not a lime.
Don't waste your time!
Sweep! The feelings are so deep,
they are in words, in dreams, in eyes…,
they are looking for a paradise.
Take! But…those feelings have no brakes,
they are not calm like lakes,
they are the highest waves of the ocean
with passion and devotion.
Well! Where is the bell to tell
that it's a swan-song
which everyone would like to prolong?
Larisa R (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Swan-Song by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(1924 - 2000)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal