Hush! Grey haired love has come.
No need to drum.
Rush! It turns into a poem,
with much of wisdom.
Taste! It's not a lime.
Don't waste your time!
Sweep! The feelings are so deep,
they are in words, in dreams, in eyes…,
they are looking for a paradise.
Take! But…those feelings have no brakes,
they are not calm like lakes,
they are the highest waves of the ocean
with passion and devotion.
Well! Where is the bell to tell
that it's a swan-song
which everyone would like to prolong?
Larisa R (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Swan-Song by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck