Today Is My Birthday
Today, the 27th of May, Friday,
I celebrate another birthday.
I again thank God for prolonging my life,
For giving me the strength for the right strife,
For saving me from a danger,
For giving me a chance to understand a stranger.
For forgiving all my sins,
For congratulating with my wins.
Another year of my life has passed.
I hope it won’t be the last.
So, I think it’s early for the summing up,
Many more times I’ll drink my champagne cup.
All I can attempt to do now is:
Lightly touch my opinion and feelings
Upon some dealings within my interests.
Yes, I have more of life experience,
I care about my appearance…..
With greater elaboration and motivation
I chose this or that citation,
And every new day I accept with an elation.
My inside world is young,
I sing the songs I’ve sung,
I love to listen to the new songs.
To the whole world my heart belongs.
I realize the life’s price,
To live on the Earth is really nice.
One more year of my life has passed,
Life goes so fast.
But anyway it’s worth living
With God’s help and His forgiving
I’ll try to do my best in all,
And always to be on the ball.
© Copyright Larisa Rzhepishevska
(Odessa, Ukraine) , May 27th,2011
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is My Birthday by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)