Today Is My Birthday
Today, the 27th of May, Friday,
I celebrate another birthday.
I again thank God for prolonging my life,
For giving me the strength for the right strife,
For saving me from a danger,
For giving me a chance to understand a stranger.
For forgiving all my sins,
For congratulating with my wins.
Another year of my life has passed.
I hope it won’t be the last.
So, I think it’s early for the summing up,
Many more times I’ll drink my champagne cup.
All I can attempt to do now is:
Lightly touch my opinion and feelings
Upon some dealings within my interests.
Yes, I have more of life experience,
I care about my appearance…..
With greater elaboration and motivation
I chose this or that citation,
And every new day I accept with an elation.
My inside world is young,
I sing the songs I’ve sung,
I love to listen to the new songs.
To the whole world my heart belongs.
I realize the life’s price,
To live on the Earth is really nice.
One more year of my life has passed,
Life goes so fast.
But anyway it’s worth living
With God’s help and His forgiving
I’ll try to do my best in all,
And always to be on the ball.
© Copyright Larisa Rzhepishevska
(Odessa, Ukraine) , May 27th,2011
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is My Birthday by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin
- the lights are still up, Bull Hawking
- Unclassified, Kela LewisMorin
- Someone Else, Kela LewisMorin
- Fortunate, Kela LewisMorin