Today Is My Birthday
Today, the 27th of May, Friday,
I celebrate another birthday.
I again thank God for prolonging my life,
For giving me the strength for the right strife,
For saving me from a danger,
For giving me a chance to understand a stranger.
For forgiving all my sins,
For congratulating with my wins.
Another year of my life has passed.
I hope it won’t be the last.
So, I think it’s early for the summing up,
Many more times I’ll drink my champagne cup.
All I can attempt to do now is:
Lightly touch my opinion and feelings
Upon some dealings within my interests.
Yes, I have more of life experience,
I care about my appearance…..
With greater elaboration and motivation
I chose this or that citation,
And every new day I accept with an elation.
My inside world is young,
I sing the songs I’ve sung,
I love to listen to the new songs.
To the whole world my heart belongs.
I realize the life’s price,
To live on the Earth is really nice.
One more year of my life has passed,
Life goes so fast.
But anyway it’s worth living
With God’s help and His forgiving
I’ll try to do my best in all,
And always to be on the ball.
© Copyright Larisa Rzhepishevska
(Odessa, Ukraine) , May 27th,2011
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is My Birthday by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)