A Torch that Will Light Forever!
A dark cloud moves in and everything becomes sad!
At times a grey cloud shifts the moods of my life.
Greyness controls who I am now
I move into unknown areas that formed a part of my life!
You left with all your love!
One that was the defination of us!
Now we stand alone.
Individuals trying to piece it together!
Your love trailing between us!
Broken hearts trying to mend.
It seems like yesterday you were here,
Laughing and joking in your loving way!
You left with chunks of our hearts!
We try to hide the pain of loosing you,
As individuals then as a family!
You came into this world struggling before your time.
Accepted, loved and cared for by all!
You left the world struggling and too early.
Still dearly loved and missed by all that connected to you!
Your love is a torch that will shine forever in our hearts!
Flencirose Basera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Torch that Will Light Forever! by Flencirose Basera )
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns