You've dangled one-too-many carrots, yet offered none for a taste.
You've shown many-a-glimpses, yet never revealed the whole.
You've made one-too-many vows, yet adhered to none.
You've made many-a-speeches, yet never walked along your talk.
You've phoned me many-a-times, yet never received mine.
You've received many-a-letters, yet answered to none.
You've made one-too-many attempts, yet never quite succeed at any.
Your body's made many-an-appearances, yet your soul's presence was always absent.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absent Presence by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman