You've dangled one-too-many carrots, yet offered none for a taste.
You've shown many-a-glimpses, yet never revealed the whole.
You've made one-too-many vows, yet adhered to none.
You've made many-a-speeches, yet never walked along your talk.
You've phoned me many-a-times, yet never received mine.
You've received many-a-letters, yet answered to none.
You've made one-too-many attempts, yet never quite succeed at any.
Your body's made many-an-appearances, yet your soul's presence was always absent.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absent Presence by Suraj Samtani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sent for Scent, Ima Ryma
- Love and speak, hasmukh amathalal
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary