James Walter Orr
Aching In Acrostic Format
Always it seems one loses in the end,
Credence that one has built throughout one’s life.
Requirements make us break unless we bend,
Or spend our rationed time immersed in strife.
Sometimes our lessons learned are learned too late.
Time has a way to teach humility,
In ways that carry one straight toward their fate,
Convinced attempts are just futility.
Forever, though we strive to carry through,
Our human foibles and our frailties lead
Relentlessly to faults which wound and do
Make evident each time our heart will bleed,
Affording us the display of our shame,
Together with the shadows on our name.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aching In Acrostic Format by James Walter Orr )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak