James Walter Orr
Aching In Acrostic Format
Always it seems one loses in the end,
Credence that one has built throughout one’s life.
Requirements make us break unless we bend,
Or spend our rationed time immersed in strife.
Sometimes our lessons learned are learned too late.
Time has a way to teach humility,
In ways that carry one straight toward their fate,
Convinced attempts are just futility.
Forever, though we strive to carry through,
Our human foibles and our frailties lead
Relentlessly to faults which wound and do
Make evident each time our heart will bleed,
Affording us the display of our shame,
Together with the shadows on our name.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aching In Acrostic Format by James Walter Orr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mrs. SZMYKLESZCZWLADECZERYNIECKI'S Last .., John Surowiecki
- Movie Stars Thank My Mother For Her Patr.., John Surowiecki
- INSPIRATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Wisest Aunt, Telling the Saddest Tales, John Surowiecki
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen