Suzanna C Chevalier
ADDICTED TO PAIN
Addicted to pain
but you don’t know why
You try to medicate, you try to hide.
but it’s deep and buried inside-
it will only intensify.
So cry, cry, cry about
Feel your pain, let it out.
then you will feel whole again
reclaim the parts of yourself
and be your best friend.
Written by Suzanna C Chevalier on August 9,2011
Suzanna C Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ADDICTED TO PAIN by Suzanna C Chevalier )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)