Aging, Drops For The Time Tree..
Aging is not sitting and settling in silence,
Nor is it wishing to be in tranquility.
The wonders one experiences, when
Seeing youngsters full of craving
Makes one do comparisons thoughtful,
Of life present and past one been through.
True, reactions to situations and emotions
Too differ based on factors varied.
Above one’s metabolism and preferences
Taste and Nutrition, availability and prices,
The company with whom we are too
Dictates excitement and craving in
Eating, Drinking, Mating, Forgiving
And all those inspiring instances of life.
My friend, a bard by nature, has had her view
Versed well seeing a dining scene.
Many would praise her diction’s mastery,
Content, Style, Passion and Imaginations too.
Sure, made us all engage in gathering beads
Of priceless past; to compare and conceive,
Regret and rejoice, console our selves,
Not to be panic seeing the aging, fated.
Her verses turned a priceless decoy,
When infused within, made us think of
Those still aged and of those turned stars!
Aging transforms babblings into maxims,
Makes us measure worth and gravity of matters
That do matter much in life composites.
Aging would only water the Time-Tree
To protect generations from dying unborn.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Aging, Drops For The Time Tree.. by Tajudeen Shah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep
- White Noise, Kyle Schlicher
- Canticle for the Second Sunday in Lent, G.C. Waldrep
- The Little Man In The Fire Hates Me, G.C. Waldrep
- The Night Autopsy, G.C. Waldrep
- Many Of Us Identify With Animals, G.C. Waldrep