Aging, Drops For The Time Tree..
Aging is not sitting and settling in silence,
Nor is it wishing to be in tranquility.
The wonders one experiences, when
Seeing youngsters full of craving
Makes one do comparisons thoughtful,
Of life present and past one been through.
True, reactions to situations and emotions
Too differ based on factors varied.
Above one’s metabolism and preferences
Taste and Nutrition, availability and prices,
The company with whom we are too
Dictates excitement and craving in
Eating, Drinking, Mating, Forgiving
And all those inspiring instances of life.
My friend, a bard by nature, has had her view
Versed well seeing a dining scene.
Many would praise her diction’s mastery,
Content, Style, Passion and Imaginations too.
Sure, made us all engage in gathering beads
Of priceless past; to compare and conceive,
Regret and rejoice, console our selves,
Not to be panic seeing the aging, fated.
Her verses turned a priceless decoy,
When infused within, made us think of
Those still aged and of those turned stars!
Aging transforms babblings into maxims,
Makes us measure worth and gravity of matters
That do matter much in life composites.
Aging would only water the Time-Tree
To protect generations from dying unborn.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Aging, Drops For The Time Tree.. by Tajudeen Shah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed