Little Cloud Is Sad(Lai)
The Lai as verse form is:
a narrative, tells a story.
usually a nonet,9 lines made up of 3 tercets.
rhymed, rhyme scheme aab aab aab.
syllabic, syllables per line are 5-5-2 5-5-2 5-5-2
Tradition states that the short line must not be indented; it must be left dressed to the poem.
Little Cloud Is Sad
Little cloud is sad
As big clouds are glad
Without him.Too sad
Little cloud left bad
Seeks sun's help to add
A gold seam to play aired
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Lai is a short story in verse. In its strictest form it is a verse form with a rhymed syllabic pattern in three tercets.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -152 by Indira Renganathan )
Did you read them?
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)