Little Cloud Is Sad(Lai)
The Lai as verse form is:
a narrative, tells a story.
usually a nonet,9 lines made up of 3 tercets.
rhymed, rhyme scheme aab aab aab.
syllabic, syllables per line are 5-5-2 5-5-2 5-5-2
Tradition states that the short line must not be indented; it must be left dressed to the poem.
Little Cloud Is Sad
Little cloud is sad
As big clouds are glad
Without him.Too sad
Little cloud left bad
Seeks sun's help to add
A gold seam to play aired
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Lai is a short story in verse. In its strictest form it is a verse form with a rhymed syllabic pattern in three tercets.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -152 by Indira Renganathan )
Did you read them?
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The tour bus of heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sirens, Alesia Leach
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Percy Bysshe Shelley