RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Albums Of Recollection
Choosing rhythms of colors taken straight from rainbows
after a rainstorm.
Collecting raindrops in containers afterwards, enjoying
the events of a summer rain storm in the night.
Chasing dreams in childhood, running around, feeling
the cold wetness cooling you off.
Memory's being refreshed throughout the years in albums
of recollection during rainy days now being felt in
senior years of life.
Calculating times of yesterday that used to be filled
with life and family.
Now nothing is left but the ticking of the clock in the
hallway, reminding you that now you are alone, without
loved ones who have gone beyond you beforehand.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Albums Of Recollection by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Royals Baseball Poem, Tom Zart
- Contemporary Indian English Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Silver Lining In The Sky., Tony Adah
- Night and Day, Rachel Nichols
- Prayer at 5: 30 a.m. by Robert E. Whelan.., Bill Grace
- स्रोद गोमोरदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Rules Of The Game., Tony Adah
- Rold Dahls Words Of Wow, Curtlan Popo
- Lovingkindness! ! ! Yes!, Mr. Nobody
- Poetry Consoles, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)