RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Life's Black Curtains
Lost and alone, thoughts at a distance, heart heavy
Touched deeply by your life, not wanting to let go,
yet knowing I must.
In my heart forever, indelibly printed on my soul,
etched in memory's mind.
Touched frequently by the tears of your loss, trying
to hold them as tiny reminders of what we used to have.
They disappear, never become tangible so I may keep them
like a treasure of your love.
With love, I will remember you all my life, for you are
a part and parcel of what we had.
Sharing now that you are no longer here is difficult - I
hear only the constant echoes of your silence.
Walking away from our favorite places, I leave a little
of self behind each time - soon there will be nothing
left of me.
Wanting to reach out and grasp again what we once had
is an empty gesture, filled with pain and emptiness,
because you are not here to reach out to me.
Our relationship on earth will never be, it has been
severed by death's insistence in our lives.
Listening to you with my heart, seeing your reply in
the salted tears that continue to fall.
Your life was called and you answered fully, not leaving
Our story is not over as long as I still remember you with
Taking down the black curtains, life is still being lived
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's Black Curtains by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)