RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Life's Black Curtains
Lost and alone, thoughts at a distance, heart heavy
Touched deeply by your life, not wanting to let go,
yet knowing I must.
In my heart forever, indelibly printed on my soul,
etched in memory's mind.
Touched frequently by the tears of your loss, trying
to hold them as tiny reminders of what we used to have.
They disappear, never become tangible so I may keep them
like a treasure of your love.
With love, I will remember you all my life, for you are
a part and parcel of what we had.
Sharing now that you are no longer here is difficult - I
hear only the constant echoes of your silence.
Walking away from our favorite places, I leave a little
of self behind each time - soon there will be nothing
left of me.
Wanting to reach out and grasp again what we once had
is an empty gesture, filled with pain and emptiness,
because you are not here to reach out to me.
Our relationship on earth will never be, it has been
severed by death's insistence in our lives.
Listening to you with my heart, seeing your reply in
the salted tears that continue to fall.
Your life was called and you answered fully, not leaving
Our story is not over as long as I still remember you with
Taking down the black curtains, life is still being lived
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's Black Curtains by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- ' Emeralds And Black Diamon.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- ' In This Autumn Of The Yea.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
(A Collection of Select Works...)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)