He was a man who did so much for his beloved Homeland
And why he had to die in such a tragic way seems hard to understand
And little consolation to Aldo Moro's family
That his name is destined to live in Italian history.
He was taken captive by the Red Brigade at the point of a gun
Twenty six years ago in nineteen seventy eight when he was sixty one
His body guards were shot to death their young lives for him they gave
Though not much consolation to their families if their noble family members died brave.
Taken captive for the release of prisoners Aldo Moro's fate was sealed
The Government would not give in to the kidnappers demands and though his family for his life appealed
He was found dead of gun shot wounds in a car the pride of Italy
A Nation plunged into mourning in one of it's blackest days in history.
One of the more famous victims of man's inhumanity
A good man Aldo Moro and few as great as he
He died in nineteen seventy eight on the ninth day of May
In the most treagic way of all a victim of foul play.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aldo Moro by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee
- Your Love Shines Like A Diamond, Lilly Emery
- Only One, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah