I sit at home with nothing to do, I ‘m all alone and feeling blue
Where did the time go? That it went so fast!
I was looking at the future and now it’s my past.
I chose to ignore love because I felt I had time.
Why oh why? Was I so blind!
Now I’m all alone with my heart in my hand
With no one beside me who could understand.
No one really wants to be on their own
And in their face it is shown!
I look ahead to what the future may bring
But all I see is pain and misery.
No one to share the comfort of my bed
This is something that I now dread.
No one to converse with, or to share a meal
No one can see what I feel.
I’m getting older and the walls are closing in
Living this life is a downright sin.
I prop the pillow under my head
And wonder if in the morning they’ll find me dead?
I’m in no position to criticize or throw stones
When I’m in this house all alone.
It gets harder as I get older
telling some woman I want to hold her!
Now I have to search for someone who will care
And with me their life they’ll share.
So don’t do what I had done
Being alone isn’t any fun
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All Alone by louis rams )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra