All Else is Shadow
Dear, “if you read these lines remember not
the hand that writ”, by Destiny propelled,
for many venture, most are soon forgot,
by Chance or choice to Lethe swift expelled.
The moving finger, spellbound, writes, impelled
to tell the world, - its jealous eyes to dot, -
of one whose talents true cannot be spelled,
all else is shadow, bolt – Time flies – soon shot.
“Age cannot wither, nor can custom stale
her infinite” unique, – both vain and sot
is who would dare to circumscribe her tale.
All praise is superficial and must fail
to sway the heart which on Love’s wind would sail.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Else is Shadow by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Conor's Kid, B.. Alexander
- The journey, Eric Bult
- اكنون تو رفته اى و غزل گريه مى كند, Mehri Mehraban
- Bat 'Bleep', Ima Ryma
- The Path, Aalok Sensharma
- Invitation, Aalok Sensharma
- For Kira, Michael McParland
- LET US FIND OUT, ROCHISH MON
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael McParland
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay