Being here in your arms today,
My heart almost busted.
Sitting with you as we sway,
I almost lost my breath.
Talking and laughing with you,
I almost pushed you away.
I was brutally honest too,
I almost couldn't think.
I talked a lot,
I almost poured my heart out.
I did not mean to scare you, I really did not,
I almost laughed myself to death.
I've never been so happy,
I almost found myself.
You being with me,
I almost forgot where we were.
Having you with me here,
I almost lost track of time.
Our faces touching so near,
I almost kissed you.
I wish I was brave enough too,
I almost yelled at myself.
I really wanted to,
I was almost brave enough.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Almost by Ocean Myranda )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Coquette Moon, Guillermo Veloso
- Compose yourself my sweet-pea flower, Mark Heathcote
- Darker Flowers, Guillermo Veloso
- Two crashed bicycles?, Mark Heathcote
- Poetic injustices, Mark Heathcote
- Sleigh bells and flowery beds, Mark Heathcote
- Beautiful Angel Who Endlessly Glows, Rohit Sapra
- On The Clock, Nika McGuin
- Forever Broken, Kelly Shanks
- Smeared in blood … 1712-14, saadat tahir