Ambi-Dexter-ous? (A sanguineous sonnet?)
I often wonder where my future lays
within this less than great, inhuman race.
Rewinding, analysing all he says,
whilst practising my empathising pace.
Imagining that I was in that crate.
A toddler on a photographic spool
Exposed to re-develop Mother’s fate
and yet, still find the spattered blood stains cool.
Conditioned by a thousand reels of gore,
my eye is dry, my throat denies the gulp.
I watch the carnage calmly and ignore
the chainsaw slowly churning her to pulp.
I guess as a result of that bloodbath...
I’m rooting for a bloody psychopath.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ambi-Dexter-ous? (A sanguineous sonnet?) by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh Cut Dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey