Sing out! sing out! America,
''Sweet land of liberty;
Tell how we chased the red man
''From sea to shining sea''.
Be proud, stand tall America,
''Home of the free and brave'';
Ignore that angry black man,
Ancestored from a slave.
Sing out! ''This land is your land,
It was made for you and me'',
While toiling tenant farmers
Reside in poverty.
And sing about our many wars,
With them we must abide;
But tell the loyal citizens,
God was always on their side.
Corruption and intolerance
Defies our rule of law.
''God mend thine every flaw''.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('AMERICA, AMERICA' by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- 'A mess', Wolfie Scott
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese