And The Toikey’s Name was Joseph
A Saucy Nando's Poem - Poetry Competition
Now lissen, Vrou, said my Ou, the day that we was wed
Don’t gimme no, none ‘arf-baked food,
Or stay out from my bed.
A toikey pale and pimply
Does nuffing good for me
Don’t gimme no, none pimply birds
Jong! Wotta sight to see!
Ook se Vrou, said my Ou, the day that we was wed
Don’t you be snoep with Nando’s sauce
That’s what Ouma said.
Lekka Lemon on my prawns and also on my crabs
And sometimes Peri Peri Hot
Now this one really grabs.
A duck! Nou daar’s a storie
A newly pluckered duck
Ag, I dirrent mention pheasant man
You like a record stuck.
Another thing, my skatterbol, eye have Chinese genes
Which makes me so inscrotable
And you know what that means.
Now lissen Vrou, said my Ou, nou ons is lang getroud
You dirrent gimme toikey bald
You dressed him in a coat
A coat of many flavours Herby Lemon, Peri Red
And the toikey’s name was Joseph
Leastways that’s what Ouma said.
Margaret Kollmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And The Toikey’s Name was Joseph by Margaret Kollmer )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI