And We Looked to the Rising Sun
you and I -
You shared with me a goblet
of the wine of your desire
and took my hand and led me
through elysian fields of myrrh...
Where tears are only raindrops
and sunshine seeps into
the darkest night.
I danced for you
a woodland jig
in the swirling mists of time
and patiently we waited
for the moon to close her eyes.
Intoxicated we stumbled
through the dapple of the dawn.
You and I
And our eyes on the rising sun.
Margaret Kollmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And We Looked to the Rising Sun by Margaret Kollmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales