Tears shed while blood runs red.
The fright in their eyes and families are saying good bye.
A child dies with no good reason….Why?
A gunman took their lives while others are wondering why. No last hug, no last kiss, can’t shake the feeling or catch a grip. No one would have thought a school wasn’t safe.
You send your kids to school and never expect a day to take a turn. Lock it down, lock it down, there is a crazy man in town.
Who would have known that little babies were going to turn to little angels in a blink of an eye? No need for good bye because they are all going to be by tour side letting you know that they are safe now. No need to hide with the angels by your side.
Jaclyn Brantley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Jaclyn Brantley )
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)