Never Ending Love
I thought of you today, but that’s nothing new,
I think of you everyday, do you think of me too?
It hurts as much today, as it did the day you died,
A part of me was buried with you,
My heart lay with you that day.
Sometimes a part of me wants to give up,
But then I think of you and your strength pushes me on,
I fight against the grain as I attempt to gain,
That needed strength to go forward,
Because I know that’s what you would do.
I know I never said it, but I hope you know,
I loved you then and I love you now.
So the days I shed the tears,
It’s not because I’m facing fear.
But because of the love I had then for you,
And the love today I have for you.
Jaclyn Brantley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Ending Love by Jaclyn Brantley )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)