If angels are sinless, so are as much babies.
How unjust to hold one liable for ancestral sin?
Angel is substance's nature, sin attribute's rabies
Sinners impregnate the character of growing kin.
When a child, each of my children knew no ruses;
And at present any of my grandchildren is so sincere.
I embraced the innocent like I had kissed the muses:
That's the way I and the like mean young kids to rear.
However, since I entered this radical society new,
I've missed so-called immune angels: what a woe!
I have run into lots of an infant, to be cherished due,
But instilled with sickly biases, a latent fiendish foe!
Psycho-analysts, psychiatrists, attorneys, prosecutors,
Armed with trick experiences, are ready to interfere
To punish molesters, harassers, offenders, abusers,
Of even a three-year-old, even being the parents dear.
How many times I have encountered an inviting smile,
Those babies, but dared not look at, much less stroke.
To prevent potential alleged victims from alleged guile,
Much pain is inflicted on the heart of the decent folk!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Nhuan LeXuan )
- walking free in chains...., Marshall Gass
- Lockdown, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Difficult Poem, Marshall Gass
- The Truth About Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- Banjo-man, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matrix, Marshall Gass
- You can or cannot....., Marshall Gass
- Do you still hear them sing?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blessed light, Rubel das raj
- No Time, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Harold R Hunt Sr
(Jan 14 1954)