If angels are sinless, so are as much babies.
How unjust to hold one liable for ancestral sin?
Angel is substance's nature, sin attribute's rabies
Sinners impregnate the character of growing kin.
When a child, each of my children knew no ruses;
And at present any of my grandchildren is so sincere.
I embraced the innocent like I had kissed the muses:
That's the way I and the like mean young kids to rear.
However, since I entered this radical society new,
I've missed so-called immune angels: what a woe!
I have run into lots of an infant, to be cherished due,
But instilled with sickly biases, a latent fiendish foe!
Psycho-analysts, psychiatrists, attorneys, prosecutors,
Armed with trick experiences, are ready to interfere
To punish molesters, harassers, offenders, abusers,
Of even a three-year-old, even being the parents dear.
How many times I have encountered an inviting smile,
Those babies, but dared not look at, much less stroke.
To prevent potential alleged victims from alleged guile,
Much pain is inflicted on the heart of the decent folk!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Nhuan LeXuan )
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)