If angels are sinless, so are as much babies.
How unjust to hold one liable for ancestral sin?
Angel is substance's nature, sin attribute's rabies
Sinners impregnate the character of growing kin.
When a child, each of my children knew no ruses;
And at present any of my grandchildren is so sincere.
I embraced the innocent like I had kissed the muses:
That's the way I and the like mean young kids to rear.
However, since I entered this radical society new,
I've missed so-called immune angels: what a woe!
I have run into lots of an infant, to be cherished due,
But instilled with sickly biases, a latent fiendish foe!
Psycho-analysts, psychiatrists, attorneys, prosecutors,
Armed with trick experiences, are ready to interfere
To punish molesters, harassers, offenders, abusers,
Of even a three-year-old, even being the parents dear.
How many times I have encountered an inviting smile,
Those babies, but dared not look at, much less stroke.
To prevent potential alleged victims from alleged guile,
Much pain is inflicted on the heart of the decent folk!
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones