Lawrence S. Pertillar
Another Chip At The Load
Carried on both shoulders.
To do everyday...
To lighten that hold of a boulder.
Another chip at the load,
Until that boulder crumbles to roll...
And with a doing to prove,
The biggest of boulders can be moved away.
Why should anyone suffer through pain endured?
To waltz with it as if permitted,
With no benefit from a doing of it.
Upon whose shoulders do these boulders sit?
People complain with burdens remaining the same.
As if to admit this in public,
Keeps an attention...
One receives without mentioning but is certain to get.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Chip At The Load by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA
- try sipping this, RIC S. BASTASA
- the reason why i am still a part of you, RIC S. BASTASA