Lawrence S. Pertillar
Another Chip At The Load
Carried on both shoulders.
To do everyday...
To lighten that hold of a boulder.
Another chip at the load,
Until that boulder crumbles to roll...
And with a doing to prove,
The biggest of boulders can be moved away.
Why should anyone suffer through pain endured?
To waltz with it as if permitted,
With no benefit from a doing of it.
Upon whose shoulders do these boulders sit?
People complain with burdens remaining the same.
As if to admit this in public,
Keeps an attention...
One receives without mentioning but is certain to get.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Chip At The Load by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal