Another poem to express myself
To somehow let my thoughts run
Another rhyme to free my soul
Let's go back to when it begun
What did you see in me?
Why did you take the chance?
I mean I knew I liked you
From that first timid glance
But you had a different story
You aren't supposed to look at me
Your eyes aren't supposed to
Roam my body wantinly
What gave you the idea?
What made you think that far?
If you wouldn't had asked me
We wouldn't be where we are
I wouldn't love you like I do
I wouldn't want your kiss
I wouldn't even have the words
To write to you all of this
But now I find myself
Wondering about back then
When you meant nothing to me
When we didn't have to pretend
If we had never kissed
Would we still want each other?
If nothing was ever said
Would we still crave one another?
How did you know I would fall
For the way you laugh and smile?
What made you think that
I would approve of such a lifestyle?
What crossed your mind
Before our lips met?
Where you wondering about
How far you could get?
All these questions come to me
And I only see one answer
That somehow this is meant to be
Even though you belong to her
The way we want each other
Is so overwhelming
The way that I cant sleep
Without about you dreaming
The way that you can make me feel
Like no other man has before
The way you always leave me
Wanting you more and more
The way that I cry
If I don't hear your sweet voice
The way that none of this
Was ever my choice
For you mesmerized me
With your sweet lips of poison
Made me forget everything
And throw out any caution
Now I am your slave
My heart belongs to you
Because you somehow knew
That I wanted you too.
By Sian Mein
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Another Poem by Sian Mein )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense