Here’s an idea in my mind
And please be truthful, don’t be kind
But what if we decided to go on dates
Together as anti-soul mates?
You’ll treat me cruelly with lots of spite
And I will hate you with all my might
We’ll argue and bicker and never agree
Oh, isn’t this a perfect plan for you and me?
We will feel so much suffering and pain
What better feelings for us to gain
For who really wants love or devotion?
We don’t need that kind of emotion.
How our hatred will be treasured bliss
For you are someone I would not miss
It is wonderful that we are not a perfect pair
And we can both cheat and have an affair.
I love the thought of you, my anti-soul mate
The idea I must say is truly great
Why should I love someone who doesn’t love me
And have myself feel so much utter misery?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anti-Soul Mate by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice