Apology for Something I Haven't Done Yet
When I punish myself to get back at others,
sometimes the logic in this gets muddled.
Who am I kidding? It’s pathos, it’s somber,
I’m an emotional suicide bomber.
I don’t think so much as act
to free the pain within my veins
because it can flow while being trapped –
I wish I could be like that.
But when I see the fences
I know that it is senseless
to compete in a game that’s fixed:
death is as certain as life is.
Should its impending arrival
lead me to grab a Bible
and spend my future singing hymns?
I don’t have a solution;
logic is my constitution
but my emotions wage a revolution
that makes me say what I shouldn’t.
And that’s why I told your mother she couldn’t
help out in the kitchen.
When she didn’t stop, I accused her of bitching.
I was going to bake
an apology cake,
but then I ended up writing.
This poem’s not sweet,
it’s not something you should eat,
but hey, at least it’s biting.
Jesse Ellsbury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Apology for Something I Haven't Done Yet by Jesse Ellsbury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales