Are You In A Fix?
The world is
Full of superstitions,
I want to come out
From the cocoon of restrictions.
The holy books
Have given the instructions,
About our Life's constructions.
But people do not
Go with those,
Do whatever they like
Keeping them close.
Sometimes I doubt
Which is right,
We are in the sky
Like a cordless kite.
In the sky
Floating man fights,
With thousands bars
Of social and human rights.
Religion is belief
And belief must have logic,
This thing has created a fix
And put men in tragic.
No one can stop the time
For time has it's own flow,
Life too changing fast
Nobody can make it slow.
Religion is for life
Life is not for religion,
Religion should be flexible
As flies the pegion.
A creeper needs support,
Religion too is the thing
That brings us comfort.
So, more or less let us follow
The religion that we do belong,
This is the way we can make
Our existence exist for long.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You In A Fix? by Uttam Biswas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Shararat, Akhtar Jawad
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra