Aren't we Strayed? -a sonnet.
In this land of Harischandra, India,
The wheel of life moves indifferent
Why this indolence, seek the media
Come to inferences sadly different.
Pre-independent leaders sacrificed
Disinterested in worldly benefits; they
In freedom-struggle rooted, crucified
Oozing blood stirred their spirit gay.
But the blood and spirit, now diluted
Ungrateful generations grow up lazy.
Sans sense of history, love is looted
Whereto Indians! through way greasy.
Awake brothers, why are we betrayed
As hound chasing sheep we are strayed?
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Aren't we Strayed? -a sonnet. by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Remove Maya Angelou!, Richard Thripp
- Night, Emranor Reja
- Metaphor, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Kimmo Samuel Timonen, Richard Thripp
- Jean-Félix Picard, Richard Thripp
- Simón Bolívar Day, Richard Thripp
- Death Denizens, Richard Thripp
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak