Stand there, he told me.
Look up, try not to move.
So I stood there
while he painted me in half-profile,
and looked at the sky
and tried not to move.
I tried to think of nothing,
but (you know how it is)
the thoughts come into your head.
So I looked at the sky and remembered.
Tears in my eyes?
No, it was just that the sky
was very bright that day, I remember.
I remember a lot of things.
Some of them I’d prefer not to.
Paul Hansford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Artist’s model by Paul Hansford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Neon Milk, Is It Poetry
- FOR SOUL TO SERENADE, Dr subhendu kar
- love it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- The wind and the rocks, cristobal Benjumea
- World Of Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating A Christmas Tree, Doris Beaulieu
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri