Empath In flames
[As I Turn To Stone]
As my hand gently embraces the clay,
I am reminded of a mortal calamity.
I drink to suppress the pain…
So many years spent,
Perfecting this image of you.
So lifelike it feels,
I am drawn closer…....
I brush your face,
My fingers slide across your eyes
As I remember waking up to those starry skies.
Down to your concrete lips.
The night we first kissed,
You smiled at me,
you promised you’d never leave.
I touch your frozen breasts,
As I continue to wrap myself around you waist.
Remembered for your fallen grace.
My tears disperse on your shoulder.
As though you rejected my sadness.
I fall crying asleep,
From thinking of you…
I awoke to see your face again.
My back throbbed, As I look in the mirror
A scar that covered my entire body.
Like a crack at the seam,
Of God’s design.
I see the same symbol over you.
Each part of the morning, I grew with a rash.
Dark and grey, like an angry cloud.
My body felt heavier. Sorrow became intense.
I started to believe you wanted revenge from me.
My leg’s froze, that one spot I fell.
As I slowly turn to stone.
I watch you…
As this sculpture cracks.
The exterior of inferior self.
Your keen want of demand.
As you become real, I freeze….
I’m covered in clay,
I can no longer speak…
My eyes are the only thing that’s real.
I saw you come life...
I gave you this life…
You stared at me,
But I had already died…..
A sacrifice well deserved.
A concrete tear falls once again.
Empath In flames's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ([As I Turn To Stone] by Empath In flames )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..