As It Rains
You look at me and smile,
I take your hand for guidance.
We walk across the shaky bridge,
I'm so scared and you seem so confident.
You and I, we make it across,
Just in time to see the sun come out.
We seem to fly as we run across the meadow,
Flowers abound, ours for the choosing.
I see the sun twinkle in your eyes
When you turn around handing me a bouquet.
The colors so vibrant,
Just as your eyes of blue.
Reaching the road,
The journey ends.
I must go forward,
You must go back.
I call out, but you never turn around.
Life for you is in the meadow,
Where flowers bloom and the sun glows,
A place you must stay.
I wander the road that I was led to,
Figuring out the reasoning for this.
At every turn, there is no meadow,
No flowers to be found, only rain.
So I roam and saunter,
Still peering through the trees,
Hoping one day I will find you again,
So that we can share what all we missed.
Finally I see the green at last,
I'm almost there.
Glancing up there is a split in the sky,
Half sunny, half gray.
I gaze inside and see your face,
Chimes of bells,
Sounds of laughter.
It's then that I know that you can't see me.
If you feel it rain, think of me.
The shaky bridge that all are scared to cross.
The one who roams looking for the sun,
But survives under the only sky she knows.
As it rains, I think of you.
The strong hand and confident body,
Who can make flowers grow under the light,
With eyes that will never lose their shine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As It Rains by Leigh Ladd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal
- Fresh Threats, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Using everything, gajanan mishra
- For You To Keep Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak