As It Rains
You look at me and smile,
I take your hand for guidance.
We walk across the shaky bridge,
I'm so scared and you seem so confident.
You and I, we make it across,
Just in time to see the sun come out.
We seem to fly as we run across the meadow,
Flowers abound, ours for the choosing.
I see the sun twinkle in your eyes
When you turn around handing me a bouquet.
The colors so vibrant,
Just as your eyes of blue.
Reaching the road,
The journey ends.
I must go forward,
You must go back.
I call out, but you never turn around.
Life for you is in the meadow,
Where flowers bloom and the sun glows,
A place you must stay.
I wander the road that I was led to,
Figuring out the reasoning for this.
At every turn, there is no meadow,
No flowers to be found, only rain.
So I roam and saunter,
Still peering through the trees,
Hoping one day I will find you again,
So that we can share what all we missed.
Finally I see the green at last,
I'm almost there.
Glancing up there is a split in the sky,
Half sunny, half gray.
I gaze inside and see your face,
Chimes of bells,
Sounds of laughter.
It's then that I know that you can't see me.
If you feel it rain, think of me.
The shaky bridge that all are scared to cross.
The one who roams looking for the sun,
But survives under the only sky she knows.
As it rains, I think of you.
The strong hand and confident body,
Who can make flowers grow under the light,
With eyes that will never lose their shine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As It Rains by Leigh Ladd )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Seem Deprived, But..., Brave Hearts
- No More War for Heroes Forty-Four, Tom Navarro
- Vintage Dreams, Nika McGuin
- MOTHER'S CURSE, john chizoba vincent
- Little Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Risque, Tiku akp
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey