Maybe it’s a lesson to myself to not follow my heart and emotions at the same time but to listen to my conscience and to my best friends…
Bad timing, eh? Maybe I’ll overcome what I need to in order to be the person I am capable of being….just for him..if God wills it to be true…bad timing will fade away, depart from both of our lives and bring us that much closer to rapture….
For the moment I can’t do or say anything to bring him back
I don’t deserve to have his consideration until we both have cleared our lives of past regrets…
So here’s to you…my sugaboo, my snookems, my pookie, my knight in shining armour, my romantic flowerguy, my love, my friend…..
It was merely bad timing…
Not that I didn’t love you…
Not that I didn’t care for you…
Not that I meant to hurt you…
Not that I intended to leave you hanging…
I wanted to be there for you when you needed me most…
I wanted to love you with all my heart…
I wanted to build on our friendship like we spoke of doing…
But I was too blind to see…
Blind to what I truly felt…
To what was most important to me…
To who completely loved me for me…
Ignorant to see what I would lose…
And sightless to what I was bringing back into my life…
The nastiness, the unhappiness and sadness I wanted to rid my life of…
To the love I have for only you I will be true until our lives join together again.
~Kristy C. Artmann~ © 2008
Kristy Artmann's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Timing by Kristy Artmann )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night view, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma
- Woman's Relation Matters, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Altar Of Twilight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak